Friday, May 15, 2009

About o_O

______________________________________________________________


On Twitter, whenever a member does not upload a photo or avatar, the graphic defaults to the above o_O image. For the first day of Flash Story's life, this was my avatar as well.

While I want to remain anonymous, I'd rather not default to the house graphic. It's one thing to be anonymous but quite another to be boring, so I sought to create my own avatar.

But what does o_O mean? At first, I assumed that it meant something like "Yet another anonymous poster," so based on that premise, I developed my own graphic based on the o_O symbol: different but the same idea of anonymity.

Dress up o_O, and they will come.

Then I did a little digging.

According to Wikipedia, o_O means "shocked or disturbed."

oOpS!

I didn't realize Twitter had so many shocked and disturbed users, but apparently that's the case.

Okay, so then the message my graphic sends out:

I'm disturbed and shocked, but it's all dressed up and fancy; moreover, the dash in the symbol reminds me of the iconic Monolith from Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. So it's all good.




If I were more graphically adept, I would be able to make that underscore float around in outer space--what fun that would be!




So that's the story of how my avatar came into existence.

Read my story tweets on Anonymous!

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment